10 February 2015

The best ice cream you'll ever try...promise!

Sometimes keeping it simple is seriously the best option. My little sister and I came off a 28-day juice fast last week (thank you Jason Vale!) and she was concerned about feeling restricted about her diet here-on-in.
 
We spent a few hours in the kitchen going through some basic recipes that you can still indulge in, without the guilt or feeling the compromise!
 
Below is a banana/mango and macadamia ice-cream with a 'chocolate' brownie and frozen raspberries.
 
The ice cream is essentially frozen banana and frozen mango placed into the Vitamix with a handful of macadamias. I've sprinkled a few cacao nibs on top.
 
The 'chocolate' brownies comes from the wonderful recipe you can find here: http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/chocolate-brownies-that-blew-me-away/ 
 
This seriously lives up to its name and will blow you away - you will never guess the ingredients once you have a taste! The next time I make them, I might add some orange rind or chilli for a different flavour also.
 
There you have it, guilt-free and such a beautiful dessert!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment