14 August 2012

Salads are a girl's best friend

To me, nothing is more guilt-free and satisfying as a well put together salad. I don't make or order these because I'm "one of those girls", I actually truly enjoy them and love that I can get up straight after and feel refreshed, not hanging onto my belly, apologetically.
Stipe and I have experimented with a few new ingredients over the years and most of them have been a success! Like quinoa, Falafel balls and using beetroot in different ways.
I purchased some lemon pepper seeds from Tasmania earlier this year and found they have been an amazing addition to the topping. Oh, Chia seeds are a great accompaniment too for those who don't know what to do with them! Just throw them in!
My advice, have some fun with it and keep those flavours well balanced. Who would have thought Moroccan spiced chicken, quinoa, beetroot, cucumber, pear and feta would go well, but it sure did!













No comments:

Post a Comment