2 September 2012

Ultimate detox boost

Today I was in need of an ultimate detox boost.
My brother turned 18 this weekend and, of course, with all the festivities comes the "party" food, gulp. I wish I could recount here that I remained strong, resilient and had great self control, but I would be lying. I have never felt so sick and out of control as I did last night, and it was sadly not from any excessive alcohol consumption as it was from the food: mini pies, sausage roles, pastizzi, pizza, chocolate, lollies, kabana, cheese, dips, olives, chips, and of course, the cake....I'm feeling queasy  just thinking about it.
I feel as though I really took a big step back last night and am feeling pretty down on myself, not understating what possessed me to completely be taken over by foods I never usually surround myself around.

Today I told Stipe I needed a detox juice, presto!
Here we are...

Want to know what's in it?
2 apples
1/4 cucumber
Lettuce
Handful spinach
Handful parsley
Teaspoon wheatgrass
2 Spirulina tablets
1 Swisse 50 billion probiotic
Ice

A slow one to drink but your body will thank you for it and hopefully this one has allowed for a faster recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment